Monday, December 3, 2012

Keeping in touch - December 3, 2012

Waiting to come in for breakfast.
Here we are  - December already......... And there is no snow in North Dakota.  and just since I took this picture less than an hour ago.....it is now raining !  NOT GOOD if the temps drop.
I see Christmas lights throughout the neighborhood.......the store are busy with shoppers......Christmas music plays on the radio........and I am not ready for Christmas by any means.
I have been listening to Christmas music......and that I have been enjoying.

Something I have been thinking about alot lately is  -" Keeping in touch".
How do you keep in touch with all the people you know as friends and family.......???
With letting writing a lost art these days.......and email is everywhere.........it should be very easy to keep in touch with ALL the people who are dear to us.

I used to have several "Pen pals".........I loved getting letters in the mail and writing to them......most were people I never even met.  When I was in 4th grade I became pen pals with a cousin, and we kept in touch for years - I finally met her several years ago and we try to keep in touch, but our lives all get so busy that notes and emails sometimes get few and far between.

And then sometimes the correspondence gets very one-sided.......then what ??  Do you keep writing and hoping that you will hear from that person ?.........or do you let it go ?.........

I treasure all the people I have met and all the friends I have made and family across the country and I really try to keep in touch and I often wonder what became of the ones I lost touch with......and I know that in some cases I "dropped the ball" and sometime they did - for no particular reason.....it just happens.

So.......this year........ I am going to try to write to all my friends and family.......and I am so hoping that I hear back from them and catch up on our lives.

Whether you write letters and send them in the mail............or send emails through cyber space.......I hope that all of us can touch base with friends and family near and far.
Can you think of someone who you have lost touch with - and do you wonder what they have been doing  and how they are ?......Let's get back in touch.
Let me know who you hear from...................

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas season......  Stay in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment