Friday, August 6, 2010

A Fabulous Friday !!

My front door flower pot.
Yummy bread pudding !

LOVE those pretty morning glories !!




" The sun is shining ........the grass is green.............. the orange and palm trees sway"....... - Oh wait....that is a song for another season !!.....

" Summertime................and the living is easy........"....... there - that's better....

We really have had some beautiful days !!... But alas.....it is Friday.... time to go to the cabin for the weekend....and they are predicting storms for our area and the lakes area for tomorrow.
Well.....we will see how it goes.

WE FEST at Detroit Lakes, MN......and if you don't know what that is.....check out We Fest 2010. Google it and see what it is all about.....it is the largest outdoor concert in this area....and they are expecting 50,000 people each day for general admission... It started Thursday and goes through Sunday.......and I just hate to think of what it is like if it rains......YUCK. I personally have never been there......and as much as I love the country music and would love to see the big names they have there...... I am not willing to brave the people and the heat and the YUCK......LOL....oh well.....guess I am a not very adventurous.

Finally remembered to take a picture of my morning glory......the blooms are hiding under the leaves.... but they are so pretty.

I watered the garden this morning......we picked LOTS of peas and beans.....and they are just wonderful !!. So fun to have fresh veggies. I am taking all that I have picked along to the lake..and make stuff out of them for the weekend. Rollie needs to go swimming......hopefully Gus will go too !!! ........I need to ride the jet ski !!!..... So the bad weather better hold off for awhile !!!. If we get there early enough today........there is time for a long ride around the lake.
Last night I made bread pudding...... and I make "hard sauce" like my Grandma used to make.
My husband likes whipped cream on his but I just LOVE the hard sauce.....so the pudding looked so good I just had to share a picture of it !

Well......time to haul up the cooler.....and see what I have to take with...... and then tomorrow I will have to watch the radar and see what the weather is going to cook up for us !
I will get some "summer pics" while I am there.......

Have a great weekend everyone !!!
................Claudia

3 comments:

  1. Your bread pudding looks delicious!

    Hope the weather cooperates for your weekend at the lake. I can understand not wanting to go to We Fest. I have an aunt that lives in DL and she used to attend the event every year. I don't know if she still does. I haven't been to DL for quite a few years now, but spent plenty of time there when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm bread pudding!! I like nothing with mine, just warmed up :0)

    Hope the weather avoided you this weekend!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pics of your flowers. The old blue flower pot with the red geranium & white flowers against the blue of your house is so pretty! And don't you think the morning glories look like they're lit from within? so, so pretty! Kaye

    ReplyDelete