Tuesday, July 19, 2011

*** Red Alert **** - Phone call at 3:30am

Well, that was the second time in the last few days that we got our RED ALERT weather call.
Today it was at 3:30am. So...I have finished one pot of coffee now by 5:20am. This one had some nasty lightning and thunder and pouring rain....we were under a tornado warning. I could feel the air pressure change as I was sitting at the table.....so that made me a bit nervous.
Now it has passed over us and I can see the backside of the storm and watching the lightning is quite a show.
I have a few pictures on my camera, but have not put them on the computer yet.....I will put up some pictures if there is anything good on there.
Today is ANOTHER day of "excessive heat" they call it. Temps here have been unreal.......we are not used to THAT hot a weather for more than a day or two at a time. The heat started last Friday and has been miserable ever since.....but then of course we wish for that heat in the dead of winter when the temp is -30 !! Just no happy medium. LOL
So for today......with the heat index going into the 100-teens........seems like a good day to stay inside in the AC and sew !
I have some projects to get done.........so now at 5:30am......guess I will make another pot of coffee and get busy !!
Have a wonderful day where ever you are !.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment