Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cloudy, cool and windy ! We had a heck of a storm last night.....didn't last long, but sure packed a punch. Many trees down and damage from the winds. My girlfriend and I were sitting outside at Dairy Queen enjoying our ice cream.....while watching the clouds get darker and closer.....time to head home ! And the storm was right on our tail.
Coming across the overpass it hit ! The big orange barrels and road signs were blowing across the road......Made it home just in time..........
We were without power for several hours......and I didn't have any batteries in the radio , only one flashlight worked.....only a couple matches to light some candles.... ( NOT very well prepared for summer storms)
Thank goodness the power came on about 4 hours later....any longer and we would have been scooping water from the sump hole.
And the power went out again this morning.....and I didn't have any coffee !......So off to Burger King for coffee and breakfast....(thank goodness Jeff took my car out when he manually opened the garage door - that doesn't work either without electricity !) And then to Wal-mart to get new batteries !.......but Wal-mart was closed. Found some batteries at Target. I was not the only person there buying batteries and other things for roughing it without power. Also got a long lighter so I can light my candles.
I had planned to tell you about our first weekend at the lake.......but that will be for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment