Thursday, January 14, 2010

I like Thursdays

I like Thursdays - they are the end of most of the week and on Thursdays you can think about Friday. So today I have been busy since I woke up - even tho I slept in today. I have been clearing out and putting stuff away, gathering things to throw away... and things do look better - in places anyway. LOL
Today I am also planning on what projects to take to the " Quilting Retreat" this weekend. This will be the second time we have done this - one of our quilting friends has this big wonderful farm house and she has invited us to come spend the weekend... it is just like a bed and breakfast. We each have our own bedroom (so my snoring doesn't bother anyone)...and there are no rules or schedules......we just sew and eat and do up the dishes. Each of us signs up for a meal and we bring the food and prep the food and serve it... it works out so well......and of course we drink coffee and a couple beers....and maybe a couple bottles of wine..! Wine and sewing go so well together !! We started this quilting group when all of our kids were quite young....now we talk about "Grandchildren"....most of our kids are grown and off to college or married... I just can't believe that the years have gone by so fast.
Now we have a bit more time to spend on ourselves so a quilting get-together is just the best. We spend the days laughing and catching up....shed a few tears along the way and go home so satisfied and filled with friendship.
GIRLFRIENDS ROCK !

No comments:

Post a Comment