Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 - Ten years later


Today is the 10th anniversary of 9/11 - the day that changed America and all of our lives forever.

I am sure you remember the exact moment you heard about the events of that day.

Like today.....it was a beautiful blue sky, warm and sunny, what should have been a regular day in September. And then........the unthinkable happened.

My recollection of that day: I was laying in bed at 7:30am, I had just turned on the radio and I heard ........????. I didn't know what I had just heard, but I got out of bed, went to my sewing room and turned on the TV. As I watched I never thought of terrorism - I thought the radar had gone crazy and planes were going berserk. And I thought it was a small plane that had hit the tower of the world trade center. I saw the plane hit the second tower - time stood still.

I called my husband and they were all watching TV at work....... My husband had worked for many months in NYC and had been back home now for a few weeks. But he would have gotten off the subway in the bottom of the WTC at approximately that same time and crossed the street to go to the building where he was working. I am so thankful he was home.

Ten years ago ?.......It seems like only yesterday. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who lost loved ones in the events of that day - in New York City, in Pennsylvania and those in Washington DC. We will never forget.

God bless the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment