Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall is in the air..................

Fall is in the air............ So far this is all the decorating I have done ! I have to dig out my Halloween decorations.....soon......very soon.
I am back working at the mall....working days so I really enjoy getting up in the morning and heading out in the morning sun....well some days we have sun. Our weather has been really nice.... as least I think so. The cool air and the warm sun is my favorite kind of weather. Then we have some days of rain in there.....and in Bismarck ND the other day - they had snow ! Real SNOW ! Now, it is too early to have snow....but it can happen. There was a freeze advisory for us the other night.
I have to share that my friends who lost their home to fire a couple weeks ago - have a place to stay now.....they are getting the insurance for their car they lost..... so they are slowly getting things back to a "sort of normal" state. I just shiver every time I think of what they must be going thru....but there are many GOOD people out there who have helped them get the necessary items they need to start resuming a normal life. Shhhh - don't tell her but I am collecting quilt blocks to make them a quilt. It may not get done till about Christmas time... I have to wait to collects blocks. They are coming from all over the US and Canada.

I am heading down to the lake cabin to help Jeff get the jet skis put away and things closed up for winter.......can't believe the lake season went by so quick. I am already waiting for next spring to come !
More later.......and I will try to write sooner....... Have some great bowling pictures I took of my Grandson bowling yesterday.
Enjoy the day.................


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you didn't get that stupid snow!! How wonderful that your friends are starting to get their lives back together, with help from friends. I can't imagine loosing everything!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Did you make that wreath? I'm glad you didn't see any of that "S" word. It's way too early for that kind of stuff to be falling from the sky. Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind a little snow advisory -- temps were in the 90's today and by Friday we might have a record high around 96. Will fall ever come? This has been one hot summer here. I'm having a hard time thinking "fall" here and heavens Halloween? not yet. I don't know how pumpkins hold up in this weather. Got your note glad things are moving ahead for our friend.

    ReplyDelete